Tuesday 21 February 2017

Rural working men are finding wellbeing on grassroots Facebook pages

TwitterFacebook

Luke Baker has worked in the most remote reaches of Australia and Papua New Guinea, but leaving his family is always a painful rupture. But Facebook is helping in surprising ways.

Now based in Bundaberg, Queensland, he was sent to mining camps as a "fly-in, fly-out" worker (or FIFO), where he'd often spend around three weeks on-site and one week off in an endless, "torturous" cycle.

"There was one time where my wife dropped me off to the airport and I just remember my step-daughter, she was really struggling with it at the time," Baker said, "telling me she hated my work and wanted me to stay home forever. Read more...

More about Fifo, Facebook, Facebook Pages, Wellbeing, and Mental Health


from Social Media http://ift.tt/2lks0Ag
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment