Wednesday 22 March 2017

If Obamacare dies, a Facebook post could cause you to lose your health insurance

TwitterFacebook

It's a scary thing, to hear something that’s been lurking over you for decades get a name.

My therapist used words like "depression" and "anxiety." Maybe some people take comfort in it. I didn't. I met those labels face-to-face, for the first time, and no weight lifted from my shoulders. But it was a start.

It's also evidence of a pre-existing condition. And if Obamacare's repealed, it's possible that people could be denied coverage for something like what I'm doing right now: Writing about their mental illness on websites and social media. That could include me, and millions of other Americans who've taken to the internet to give and take solace in the sharing of these intensely personal experiences. Read more...

More about Obamacare, Affordable Care Act, Anxiety, Depression, and Stigma


from Social Media http://ift.tt/2mRYQWW
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment